Saturday, October 11, 2014

Weekend Superlatives


My facebook status upon returning home from my Saturday double at the restaurant reads as follows:

to the man who tipped me a dollar for bringing him a to-go box and some mustard, you are a class act and you deserve a lifetime of unequivocal contentment and peace. to the man who asked me if i'd dropped my smile, you are no gentleman at all and you deserve a lifetime of increasingly disquieting impotence occuring at the worst possible moments.‪#‎weekendsuperlatives‬ ‪#‎becarefulwhatyouwitchfor‬

You really are exposed to the best and the worst of people in my line of work. The table of thirty-somethings who complimented my guns from across the restaurant get an a plus. The bachelorette party rendered deaf by their own screaming, not so much.

I think customers and servers alike could benefit from trying to be the best part of someone's day rather than the worst.

And with that corny sentiment, this is one ketchup-dipped debutante who's putting herself to bed. Here's to the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment